Saturday, August 2, 2008

Proud to be TEXAN!

I thought this an appropriate time to break from Izzy's blog and make the move to our own family blog, Texas style!...

We set out from Boise with the Quest packed as tight as we could--proud to say Cory agreed to make room for my High School Prize Winning Rodeo Art Piece (note the importance as I capitalized each word :) and my 5-tiered Graples artifact (now holding our fruits and veggies). After a 15 hour day and anther 10 (also within inches of all dying of car stiffness) we finally made it to our new home!
Flower Mound, TX!!!!
From a Michigan winter to Texas at 110 was quite the shift. Nothing that Popsicles in the shade of our hand-me-down trampoline won't fix :)
A Texas-sized rain storm (very common here) welcomed us in along with my cousin, Mindy, and her family (daughter, Claire, in the middle). They live just down the road--yeah!!! Probably won't let them run in the rain during those anymore, however. We're pretty sure a lightning bolt caused some sparks on our back porch shortly after this shot! Yikes!
Oh the Cory poses/faces! We are now the proud owners of all the necessary lawn equipment to weed, mow, trim, edge, till, dig, rake, hoe, and whack! I'm lovin' the yard work--takes me back to my roots :) Cory is loving it too apparently!

So as you can see, the Texas pride is taking root. We are completely enjoying our first home and excited to see what adventures are in store for us down yonder! Lots of thanks to all our peeps who put up with us all summer invading their space. A tribute (in photo form):

18 comments:

Sara said...

Hi, Costleys! Love all of the pics, and we are all so, so, so excited for you about your new home and starting life in Texas. Glad to hear everything is going so well. Don't you just love all of the fancy-shmancy yard tools?! :) Sending hugs to y'all! (Don't you just love that I picked up the southern drawl for you?!) :)

Andrea said...

Hey Kerri...it was great to see you and meet your family. You guys seem to be so happy and doing so well. I wish you tons of luck in Texas and hope that you enjoy having a nice new home to make your own! Take care...Andrea

J-Lo said...

It was great to see you guys and the new house. How fun to have your own place.

Christie said...

Congrats on your new house and your new blog. I love seeing the pics of your gorgeous girls. Good luck in TX.

Megan and Jeremy said...

Glad you guys are having fun in Texas and that you haven't melted yet. We are excited for you guys! I hope you love the new house.
Good luck at the new job Corey!

joey said...

Yeeeeehaw! Good to see that the "Texas Costleys" are settling in. It was fun to kick it with you guys in UT this summer... I'll never forget the Reese's Blizards with triple peanut butter cups, the Florider (since I nearly broke my nose and lost some chicklets), tearing it up on rock band and hitting the lake and the pool like it was going out of style. All I have left to say is, "how 'bout 'dem Cowboys"

Hubers said...

I love the pictures. What an appropriate song! Congrats on your new house, yard, and the start of real life. All the best for your family!
P.S. I love Texas! I'm from Abilene.

Megan Maynor said...

See, now, 110 is not a problem you'd run into in Minnesota. It's not too late to become northerners...Ah, well. It was worth another shot.

Congratulations on the new digs! Hooray! I'm sure you're so happy to be in your own space again. I love the shot of Cory with the weed whacker--just one of the many joys of home ownership!

Y'all have fun now, y'hear. (is that Texan?) :)

Love you all,
Megan.

Jacilynn said...

Kerri, Your family is so sweet. I especially loved the capes! Super Hero Capes = childhood bliss. Your house looks beautiful. Best wishes in Texas.
Jaci

Elizabeth said...

We are so excited for you guys! We miss you out here, but Texas seems like a great spot to be. Love the house, and your girls look darling as always. Collin has been talking a lot about Izzy lately wondering when she is coming back. He is so funny sometimes at the things he remembers. Good luck with everything!

Jeremy A Maynor said...

Congrats guys!

Looks like suburban bliss. I love the trampoline. That should be a lot of fun.

It is also so nice to have family close. I am very happy for you guys.

-Jeremy

Jill said...

You're finally settled! Sounds like ya'll had a great summer, and it's not even over yet! We miss you guys! Good luck with the new house and job! I'm so glad you have family nearby! So fun!

Debra said...

Exciting!!! So happy that you finally got settled...it's so fun to have a house, isn't it??? Glad to see Izzy is doing well...sorry to hear about her friend, Morgan. I cannot imagine going through that as a kid. Love and blessings.

Carol and Tyler said...

Tex-ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssss! Fun to see all those pictures! Let's rendezvous soon! We need to squeeze the girls. Looks like a trip your way is necessary!

Bennett Family said...

Congrats on your new home! Glad you made it to Texas safe. Driving in the car with kids can so hard. I'm so happy you found a house where all your friends are.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you all got there and are settling in. We miss you here but it looks like you've found a great place! Jealous of the trampoline btw, I really want one!

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

YEAH!! So fun! We are so glad that you made it down there safe and are getting settled. I can't wait to stay up to date on all your your good times in Texas. Miss ya:o)

Cindy R said...

Dear Kerri,
I met you on an airplane going back to Michigan after you spent the weekend with your family in Connecticut. I have been reading you blogs for the last year or so but could never get in touch with you. You, Izzy, and your family are so strong and wonderful. I have been praying for Izzy quietly from New Jersey. I knew you were special when I met you but I am so impressed with how you Costley's have handled this terrible time in your lives.
Cindy

Contributors